If you drive a vehicle when you have knowledge that your driver’s license has been suspended or revoked then you can be found guilty of Vehicle Code Section 14601. There are various reasons one’s license has been suspended or revoked, which include (but are not limited to):
- A Driving Under the Influence (DUI) conviction
- Being declared a negligent operator for too many points on your license within a certain amount of time
- Having a mental or physical disability
- Failure to appear at court on a traffic ticket or
- Failure to pay a fine on a traffic ticket can cause a person’s license to be suspended.
The District Attorney in your case must prove that you received notice and therefore had knowledge of the suspension or revocation, otherwise the charge must be dismissed.
It is important to hire a skilled attorney who can investigate your case and help get a favorable outcome. Contact Orange County Criminal Defense Attorney Ali Komaili if you have been charged with driving on a suspended license or any other criminal matter in Orange County.